We believe that businesses have a responsibility to achieve good environmental practice and should strive for improvement in their environmental impact whenever possible. We're proud to say that Anchor Magnets has a sound environmental policy and working practices. Over the years, we've worked hard to reduce our impact on the environment and since 2012 we've been a zero landfill company in partnership with Veolia UK. All our waste is either recycled on site or managed by Veolia UK, resulting in nothing being sent to landfill.
We adhere strictly to environmental and health & safety regulations and ensure that environmental implications have a prominent place when evaluating new products and operations.
We strive to:
- recycle used products
- consolidate in- and out-bound product distribution to reduce energy consumption;
- eliminate the use of printed paper where possible;
- reduce our utility consumption.
Anchor Magnets Ltd. is engaged in the manufacture and conversion of magnetic products from its 22,000 square feet site in Sheffield, South Yorkshire. We believe that business has a responsibility to achieve good environmental practice and to continue to strive for improvement in its environmental impact. The efficient and effective use of resources makes sound commercial sense.
Our aim is to work towards sustainability by continuous improvement to our environmental management and performance by following the EMS Standard of BS8555.
Anchor Magnets Ltd. recognises that a commitment to the following guiding principles is fundamental in carrying out the company's environmental policy:
- to comply with environmental, safety and health laws and regulations;
- to consider environmental impacts as an essential element when evaluating new projects, products and operations;
- to provide and maintain safe and healthy working conditions;
- to establish objectives and targets aimed at the prevention of pollution by reducing the generation of waste, recycling waste that is generated, and properly disposing of waste that cannot be recycled.
Our objectives are to:
- consolidate outbound and inbound product deliveries when possible;
- reduce our waste going to landfill;
- reduce utility consumption;
- eliminate use of printed paper where possible;
- encourage EDI trading to reduce consumption of paper;
- encourage conservation of energy, water and other natural resources through increased efficiency and the introduction of new technology;
- take all possible precautions in order to prevent pollution of land, water and air.
The Managing Director is responsible for the implementation of the Environmental Policy which is communicated internally through employee notice boards and team briefings and externally on our website.
The Policy and objectives will be reviewed annually by the Directors & Senior Management in November along with the Annual Management Review of the Quality Management System.