Anchor Magnets has a vacancy for a Production Team Leader with at least 2 years experience of managing a fast-paced production department.
The role will primarily entail managing a team of production operators, managing stock and consumables, managing day to day production orders and liaising with sales, despatch and maintenance departments. A good awareness of health and safety in the workplace, experience with quality control and personnel development are also essential for this role.
This post is suited to someone with great work ethic, positive attitude, affable nature, adaptable and flexible, engages with people of all kinds, is resilient (to handle both physically demanding work and challenging characters), and someone who is willing to learn new skills, take on responsibility for good quality work and on time delivery.
- Good level of verbal and written communication: this is extremely important as this person will be in charge of a team of people as well as expected to communicate widely with people across all departments.
- Have a professional and positive (‘can do’) attitude – no matter how rough or tough a situation is, be able to make things happen or seek support in order to resolve any differences, for the benefit of customers and the team.
- High level of attention to detail including high level of numeracy, literacy and IT skills is important.
- Taking the initiative to ensure that customer requirements are met and even exceeded. Think like you own the business – how would you attract customers and what do you need to do to ‘make it happen’ for the customer? This may include getting involved with shop floor production processes to enable customer expectations to be met.
- High work ethic including good rate of work output and being able to put in extra hours during the week or weekend if required to meet job requirements.
- Ability to lead and motivate a team. This role is about team-work and leading a team to meet business objectives and goals. Be able to look at business requirements – what does the business (or customers) require and how do I get my team to achieve that?
- Open to learning new skills and different methods of doing things, take on constructive feedback in order to develop and learn. Be adaptable and flexible.
- Be a good team player as well as a leader who is firm but fair, and consistent, supporting their team whilst ensuring business objectives and customer requirements are met or even exceeded.
The job involves working in a fast-paced production environment; training and support will be provided.
The team leader would be in charge of:
- Personnel Management – providing training, supervision, team support, delegation of day to day work and other related work to team members. Ensuring resource is efficiently managed and any attendance or performance related issues are dealt with immediately.
- Stock Management – ensuring stock is regularly reviewed and clearly visible to operations, sales, purchasing and finance staff. This includes regular PI counts, stock reviews, raising POs, WOs, GRNs, Quarantine and Reject processes
- Warehouse Management – ensuring associated warehouses are kept in good state of housekeeping and stock is clearly labelled and accessible.
- Production Capacity Planning – Providing Sales (on behalf of customers) with best lead times in order to enhance customer experience
- Checks and Spot Inspections – regular checks, spot audits and inspection of raw materials in, finished products prior to despatch, stock items, consumables, etc. Checking and signing of works tickets prior to despatch or on completion of stock.
- Manufacturing KPIs/Quality – Customer NCRs, OTIF, Opportunities for Improvement – these should be kept within the threshold limit for each department.
- Health and Safety – reviewing risk assessments with the site H&S lead/Technical Leader to ensure these are up to date and communicated with team members; participation in monthly H&S meetings.
- Process Improvements – take the lead in identifying opportunities for improving yield and productivity and efficiency and reducing waste.
A full clean driving license is essential for this role.
FLT (counterbalance) experience would be desirable.
Working hours are 8am-4.30pm Mon-Thursday and 8am-3.30pm on Fridays.
However, flexibility on timings will be expected, as some days the company may wish to operate different start and finish times to suit business needs. Overtime may be required which may include 6am starts or weekend working, to suit business requirements.
Deadline for applications is 29th July 2022.
For more information OR to submit your application with a recent CV, please write to Nancy Cutinha, Operations Manager, Anchor Magnets by email Nancy.firstname.lastname@example.org